Our agency is proud to offer a wide range of senior services to members of our community. We HELP seniors age-in-place and ensure they receive regular, hot nutritious meals. Seniors find HEALING through support groups to work through age-related challenges. Tailored social & educational programs, as well as care management ensure comfort in the golden years.
Once seniors become part of our “JFCS family” through our programs, information is shared, social connections are made and isolation is banished.
Care Management & Aging in Place Services
All individuals are entitled to their right to live their golden years as they choose. JFCS is here to help navigate the maze of senior care and assist seniors in making the best decisions for care, safety and comfort.
Senior Nutrition Programs
Our agency is committed to providing seniors, specifically those who are isolated, homebound, or with limited resources, with access to nutritious foods on a regular basis. The aging population is at a greater risk for food insecurity due to limited accessibility nationwide and JFCS is taking the steps to address this need here in our community.
JFCS offers a number of support groups to address life challenges often faced by seniors.
- Jewish Bereavement Group – This is a weekly group for those who have lost a loved one within the last 18 months. Click here for more information.
- Kosher Café South – Join us for a complimentary, catered lunch Tuesday through Friday from 11am-1pm at Congregation Adath Israel, 1958 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, NJ. Bring a friend or make new ones. Join us for Shabbat on Fridays with Rabbi Adler and Cantor Art Katlin. New programs are held monthly, so let us know what interests you! Reservations are accepted, but not required. The program is open to all and donations are accepted. For additional information, please call Debi Henritzy at 609-987-8100.
- Nosh & Knowledge East – Enjoy a hot family-style kosher meal, interesting program and friendly faces at Beth El Synagogue in East Windsor.
- Nosh & Knowledge West – Provides a hot, family-style kosher lunch to older adults and presents an informational speaker each month. Held at Congregation Beth Chaim in Princeton Junction.
- Kosher Meals on Wheels – JFCS delivers hot kosher meals 1 – 2 days per week to individuals 60 years and above and persons with disabilities in East Windsor, Hightstown, Plainsboro, Princeton and West Windsor. Cost is $5 per meal (scholarships available).
- Project Highgate – A program for seniors 60+ at Highgate Apartments in Ewing
- Café Europa – Social events and get-togethers for Holocaust survivors.
- Secure@Home® – enables older adults to live independently in their own homes on their own terms. Secure@Home® coordinates the services needed to maintain an independent lifestyle.
- Geriatric Consultation – Schedule an in-home consultation with a Certified Geriatric Care Manager to help you navigate the maze of senior care. Click here for details.
- Caregiver Support Helpline – If you or someone you know needs help with referrals or support during their caregiver journey, our caregiver support specialists would love to help. Caregiver Information. For articles and other information, visit our Caregiver Resources page.
- Caregiver Support Group – Princeton – This non-sectarian caregiver support group is specially geared to those under the age of 75. It will provide tips, techniques and resources to help you live your life while supporting your loved one. More Information.
- Services for Holocaust Survivors – Income based funding is available to qualified Holocaust Survivors. This program has been supported by a grant from The Conference on Jewish Material Clams Against Germany. For more information, visit our Holocaust Programs page.
- Senior Outreach Service (SOS) – SOS provides low-income and isolated older adults with services to age in place. Support for this program is provided in part by a grant from Investors Foundation, NJM and The Astle-Alpaugh Family Foundation.
How to Tell ‘Typical’ Memory Loss from Dementia