August 21 is Senior Citizen’s Day, recognized across the country as a day to celebrate our seniors. JFCS celebrates and supports older adults here in our Mercer community all year round – the retirees who serve as dedicated volunteers, the Holocaust Survivors who are staying connected through technology, the older adults who join in our weekly group to help each other through this difficult time, the seniors across the community who are aging independently in their homes.
In honor of Senior Citizen’s Day, we are sharing resources, information and groups tailored for our senior community.
Connecting with your elderly loved ones…
- Staying Connected During COVID-19
- Boosting Morale of a Loved One Sheltered-In-Place
- Want to support seniors in Mercer County? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator to learn about opportunities to help older adults in our community. Eden Aaronson EdenA@jfcsonline.org 609-987-8100 ext 113.
Looking for Senior Resources?
- Important information for seniors during COVID
- Worried about aging in your home? Learn about seniors services provided by JFCS.
- Preparing for the future, do you have the 7 Important Documents for Seniors?
- Are you a senior in need of food? Especially during these challenging times of COVID-19, JFCS has a range of programs to help deliver food safely to seniors at their homes. Learn more.
Support for Seniors
- Join our weekly Social Support Group, designed for older adults to connect during a time of social distancing and isolation. Register to join weekly.
- For Jewish seniors, the upcoming holidays may be a lonely time, and we’re offering special programs to address some of the emotional challenges you may face during this time.
- Are you a Caregiver? If you are caring for a spouse with chronic illness, join our upcoming Caregiver Support Group beginning Sept 15. Click to learn more & register.