What is The Mobile Food Truck Project?
The JFCS Mobile Food Truck will bring the resources of our pantry on the road to locations across Mercer County. At each location, we will park our fully-stocked truck and distribute groceries to those in need. The truck will be FREE, CHOICE FOOD PANTRY that aligns with our mission of empowering individuals to make informed choices and care for themselves.
Why are We Taking Our Pantry on the Road?
- In Mercer County, almost 40,000 individuals face food insecurity, lacking consistent access to enough food for an active, healthy life
- 33% of food insecure individuals in Mercer County fall above the SNAP benefit line, but still lack sufficient resources & access to fresh, healthy food options
- The number of older residents in NJ facing food insecurity is growing. Due to limitations in physical mobility and financial resources, they often are not able to access nutritious choices available in supermarkets
- Public transportation options are not convenient for existing pantries outside of the Trenton city-center
- Low-cost food options available at convenience stores, most accessible to populations in need, often lack fresh fruits & vegetables and varied, nutrient-rich options.
How Can You Help Get the Truck Rolling?
Over the next several months, our goal is to raise the funds to purchase our fully outfitted pantry truck and establish partners throughout the community as future truck sites. Founding sponsorship options are available and include recognition opportunities on the truck, on our website, pinned materials, social media, and more.
Looking for a way to contribute as a founder at a level not listed? Contact Helaine Isaacs at 609-987-8100 Ext. 104.