JFCS serves as a beacon of HOPE to those facing unexpected crises in their lives. Through the HELP of emergency financial assistance, resources & referrals, and access to an on-site, healthy community food pantry, we provide individuals & families the means to work through the challenging times.
Yvette Sarah Clayman Kosher Food Pantry
Our community pantry is open to all who are in need of this support during unforeseen emergencies or transitional, life challenges.
Why Our Pantry Stands Apart…
- Full-size refrigerator and freezer to offer fresh & frozen fruit, vegetables, meat & dairy products
- Registered Dietitian consults with clients to help with dietary concerns and make recommendations for healthier choices when shopping
- Stocked with products to meet a range of dietary needs such as gluten-free, low sodium, lactose-free, and more!
- Clients shop by private appointment, confidential & stress-free
- Monthly newsletter provided to clients with healthy, inexpensive recipes and recommendations for shopping outside of pantry, To view current and past newsletters, click here.
Who We Serve If you are hungry…you are welcome.
If you are in an immediate crisis, in need of food, walk-in’s are welcome for a one-time shop followed by a comprehensive assessment.
For non-emergency support, call to set-up an assessment appointment where staff will work with your to address all factors and set up a shopping schedule and path to independence.
Contact our Pantry & Resource Case Manager, Ben Strauss, at 609-987-8100 x237
Additional Family Resources:
- Emergency Financial Assistance – JFCS can provide limited support on an emergency case-by-case basis for housing, utilities and water bills. Call for more details: 609-987-8100 x237.
- Resource & Referral – Don’t know where to turn? Our staff can recommend and connect you to the appropriate agency through our wide network of community partners.
- Hebrew Free Loan – JFCS administers HFL in partnership with the Jewish Community Foundation to provide interest-free loans to assist individuals and families through a particularly difficult time. Click Here for the HFL Brochure for full details. If you are interested in receiving a loan application, contact Michelle Napell at 609-987-8100 x106 or MichelleN@jfcsonline.org.
- Scholarships – Every spring, JFCS is able to offer scholarships and awards to teens. Details available when applications are posted.