Take a look at our programming and services for older adults, like our Kosher Café programs and Kosher Meals on Wheels delivery. Contact us for more information about a program! For a listing of department staff, click here.
To see what JFCS Senior Services are really about, watch this video from our Gala that highlights our programs!
- NEW Music & Memory – Provides personalized music for older adults who are isolated, living with dementia, cognitive decline and other chronic illnesses. Click here for more information.
- NEW Online Caregiver Support Group – This non-denominational Online Caregiver Support Group is a safe, secure group where caregivers can converse openly and support one another—without leaving their home. Click here for more information.
- Jewish Bereavement Group – This is a weekly group for those who have lost a loved one within the last 18 months. Click here for more information.
- Kosher Café South – Join us for a complimentary, catered lunch Tuesday through Friday from 11am-1pm at Congregation Adath Israel, 1958 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, NJ. Bring a friend or make new ones. Join us for Shabbat on Fridays with Rabbi Adler. New programs are held monthly, so let us know what interests you! Reservations are accepted, but not required. The program is open to all and donations are accepted. For additional information, please call Debi Henritzy at 609-987-8100.
- Kosher Café East – Enjoy a hot family-style kosher meal, interesting program and friendly faces at Beth El Synagogue in East Windsor.
- Kosher Café West – Provides a hot, family-style kosher lunch to older adults and presents an informational speaker each month. Held at Congregation Beth Chaim in Princeton Junction. Next session 03/30/17 – Did Passover Really Happen?
- Kosher Meals on Wheels – JFCS delivers hot kosher meals 1 – 2 days per week to individuals 60 years and above and persons with disabilities in East Windsor, Hightstown, Plainsboro, Princeton and West Windsor. Cost is $5 per meal (scholarships available).
- Jews in the News – Join us for coffee, a nosh and lively conversation on the latest news and trends related to Jewish politics, celebrities, sports figures, businesses and more. Held the first Tuesday of every month from 10:00 – 11:00am at Congregation Beth Chaim. Free and open to the community. Please RSVP to Beth Englezos at email@example.com or 609-987-8100, ext. 126.
- Project Highgate – A program for seniors 60+ at Highgate Apartments in Ewing
- Café Europa – Social events and get-togethers for Holocaust survivors.
- Secure@Home® – enables older adults to live independently in their own homes on their own terms. Secure@Home® coordinates the services needed to maintain an independent lifestyle.
- Geriatric Consulation – Schedule an in-home consultation with a Certified Geriatric Care Manager to help you navigate the maze of senior care. Click here for details.
- Caregiver Support Helpline – If you or someone you know needs help with referrals or support during their caregiver journey, our caregiver support specialists would love to help. Caregiver Information. For articles and other information, visit our Caregiver Resources page.
- Caregiver Support Group – Princeton – This non-sectarian caregiver support group is specially geared to those under the age of 75. It will provide tips, techniques and resources to help you live your life while supporting your loved one. More Information.
- Services for Holocaust Survivors – Income based funding is available to qualified Holocaust Survivors. This program has been supported by a grant from The Conference on Jewish Material Clams Against Germany. For more information, visit our Holocaust Programs page.
Additional Resources: How to Tell ‘Typical’ Memory Loss from Dementia